Vastu Tips For Living Room
The living room is an important component of the house, which makes the house favourable or unfavourable for residence. It is that part of the house where the members spend a lot of time and which is also used to entertain guests.
As per Vastu Shastra, living room is a gateway to enter positive or negative energies in your house. Because, living room always situated near by main door of house.
The living room is always the center of the house and each one of us wants to decorate it in the best possible manner. But it is not just about decor and style; the room has to give a warm and comfort feel as well. Therefore, it is extremely important to do a careful setting of your Living Room, so that it exudes positive energy and fosters healthy relationships.
So, a proper arrangement of living room or drawing room, helps to bring wealth, prosperity and happiness, according to Vastu Vidya.
Location of the living room
- North-west location: The north-west quadrant, belonging to the element of air, is an ideal location for the living room, that is, if you want to avoid late night parties, get-togethers, etc. This quadrant indicates movement and makes guests restless, encouraging them to leave.
- North-east location: This makes the living room a storehouse of positive energy and bestows the users with serenity and mental peace
- Northern location: This quadrant of wealth and health adds a congenial ambience to the room and infuses it with positive vibrations.
- South-west location: This attracts guests like flies to sugar! Since this corner makes one feel quite at home, the guests may become pests. However, this quadrant is favourable for the occupants.
Vastu Colors For The Living Room
You need to be a little selective when it comes to brightening up your living room. If you wish to make your hall more attractive, you should select beautiful colors.
The color of the walls should be
Choose light colors over the darker ones. This is because lighter tones help brighten up the mood and spread the feeling of warmth.
Never use black or bright red colors as they distract your mind and attract negative energies.
Living Room Lighting
Living rooms should always have bright lights to bring positive energy to home. If you want to make your family members and guests feel happy, you must light up drawing-room well. Moreover, it is a wonderful idea to put large lamps and shiny bulbs in living room.
Seating Arrangement In The Living Room
Vastu Shastra says that the best place to fix the sofa set is against south and west walls. In case, there is no place on the south and west wall, go for the east side of the walls.
- The head of the family or house and his life partner must sit in the southwestern corner of the living room, facing north-east or east. This ensures strength and positivity.
- The guests must always be seated in the southeast or northwest. The seating for the guests must be done in such a way that they face west or south.
Decorative Items in the Room
Many people love to decorate the place with flower vase, aquariums, water fountain, chandelier, etc.
- Vastu recommends a small; wall or tabletop fountain that runs throughout the day made using copper, stone, glass, clay, stainless steel or a fish aquarium is considered.
- The pleasing sound of water falling and watching fishes in the aquarium is very relaxing and the best way to pass the time.
- Place these items in the north direction and bring peace in the house along with amazing guests and healthy conversations.
Paintings and statues
- While placing any painting or statue in the room, make sure the statues represent positivity and the paintings spread love and peace.
- Any negative painting or statue representing war or look unpleasant must be avoided as they trigger anger and other negative emotions in mind.
- The painting on the north wall stimulates the positive aspect of water bodies and depicts wealth. While hanging a painting on the east side brings fulfilment in life, thus painting of fruits and flowers is considered.
So, choose the right wall and make your living room beautiful.