Vastu for Master Bedroom
No matter, if the house is big or small, open or congested, there is always a master bedroom for the owners to sleep in. Constructing the master bedroom according to the rules of Vastu Shastra brings health, happiness and wealth in the house.
A bedroom is the most happening room in the entire house. It is a place where you can relax, sleep for hours, rest the body, watch television and enjoy some personal time.
There are so many benefits of the construction of the master bedroom according to the principles of Vastu Shastra, which are:
Bed Direction Vastu
Perfect place for bed in master bedroom is towards South or West wall, so that while sleeping the person’s head is towards South or West and legs towards North or East.
Directions for Sleeping in bedroom as per Vastu Shastra:-
- Sleeping with legs towards the East gives name, reputation & richness.
- Sleeping with legs towards the West gives mental harmony & augments fondness for spiritualism.
- Sleeping with legs towards the North, increases prosperity and opulence.
- However, one should not sleep with legs towards South as he will not have a sound sleep. There will be bad dreams, bad thoughts in the mind. Heaviness in the chest can also be sensed occasionally. South direction is Place of Yama (the Lord of Death). Mind sickness will increase and there is possibility of lessening of life span.
Avoid corners for the bed: The right place to place the bed is in the center. Many people find it easy to place the bed in the corners as it is near to charger points but according to Vastu, corners are considered unsuitable. Even, the master bedroom should only be used by married couples as it strengthen the relationships and bring harmony in the family.
Placement of Mirrors
- Place dressing table with/without mirror in the North or East wall.
- If a mirror is in the bedroom with/without dressing table then make sure than none of the body part is visible in the mirror while sleeping on the bed, else the same body part will develop medical problems.
Colors for Bedroom
Try to use light shades of paints on the walls and curtains. Darker shades can be disturbing to the mind and can cause mental conflicts.
- For a bedroom in the North, prefer using shades of grey, white, blue and green.
- For a bedroom in the East, prefer using shades of Brown, beige and green.
- For a bedroom in the South East and South, prefer using shades of light pink, orange, red, maroon and brown.
- For a bedroom in the West, prefer using shades of grey, silver and golden.
Things to Avoid
- Avoid mirrors, television, laptop, computer and big gadgets in the bedroom as they take away the harmony from the room.
- Try to put a mirror in the dressing room, in case; there is no dressing room then you can place the mirror along with a dressing table. If there is no dressing table, Make sure the mirror does not reflect any part of the body while sleeping otherwise the same part will catch some disease.
- Any plant, fish aquarium, or any other life forms is a big ‘’No’’ for the room.