Vastu for Children Room
No parent would want anything to act as a hurdle between their child’s growth and his success. From the position of the kid’s bed to the direction of his study table, everything should align properly in order to ensure your kid’s progress.
Your child’s room is the most special place in your house which consists of not just vibrant energy but is also a hub of creative energy and ideas.
Kids room need a good air circulation and more open space so that child and the energy can move easily. Make sure that this room does not have too much furniture. Try to keep everything fairly simple, attractive and well organized. Kids room should be clutter-free.
Some basic tips of Vastu for children's room are as follows:
- West direction is ideal for children room and must be place there.
- Children’s room should be located in the West direction of the house and it is ideal that the child sleep with head towards South or East direction for peace of mind.
- Keep the bed in South-west portion of room and let your child sleep with head towards South or East direction for peace of mind.
- Use North wall (Career Zone) of kids bedroom as achievement or success wall by putting up a bulletin board and displaying education and sport achievements, report card and awards. Trophies can also be displayed on shelves at north wall.
- The cabinets must be in the west or south direction of the room.
- Study table should face East, North or North-east.
- Study area should be free in order to boosts concentration and clutter free ambience is good for generating new ideas.
- South-West direction is best for placing furniture while avoid any kind of furnishing in middle or center of the room which creates obstruction.
- Green color proves the best for kids' room, as it is associated with freshness and peace and increases brain power as well.
- Doors in children room are best at East or North. Door of children room should not directly face the bed.
- Ideally TV and Computer/Laptop should not be placed in the children room as they effect child concentration. But seeing today’s computers should be located in North and Television in South-East direction.
- Make sure that no mirror is placed in front of the bed in your child’s room.
Things to Avoid
- Clutter is a big no-no as per the rules of vastu for kids room.
- It is prudent to remove junk like old books, empty packets, pencil shavings and pens without refills from the study area.
- Also the child’s toys must be stowed away in proper places lest they cause distraction while the child studies.
- It also makes sense to discard broken old toys before they pile up.
- Installing too many gadgets in a child’s room may lead to endless distraction.
- While a computer can no longer be avoided, television sets can be skipped.
- The child must not sleep below a low beam as is the case with many bunk beds as it can give rise to panic attacks and claustrophobia.
- Also, children should be encouraged not to eat while sitting on their bed as it can result in nightmares.